Hello, you have come here looking for the meaning of the word XXXX
. In DICTIOUS you will not only get to know all the dictionary meanings for the word XXXX
, but we will also tell you about its etymology, its characteristics and you will know how to say XXXX
in singular and plural. Everything you need to know about the word XXXX
you have here. The definition of the word XXXX
will help you to be more precise and correct when speaking or writing your texts. Knowing the definition ofXXXX
, as well as those of other words, enriches your vocabulary and provides you with more and better linguistic resources.
- A Roman numeral representing forty (40) in the (now non-standard) "additive" form; now replaced by the form XL.
From the (Australian) XXXX brand of lager, which was named after the practice of using X to indicate the strength of an alcoholic beverage, and which was advertised with the slogan "Australians couldn't give a XXXX for any other lager."
- (Bowdlerisation) a fuck / damn.
- 1985 September 6, in the Times of London, quoted in 2009 by Jesse Sheidlower in The F-Word, page 269:
- Allied does not give a XXXX for Elders.
- 1988 June 10, in the Guardian, quoted in 2009 by Jesse Sheidlower in The F-Word, page 269:
- Quite a few of the party's MPs don't give a XXXX for the whole affair .
- 1996, in the December (1995) / January (1996) Arena, volume 59, number 1, quoted in 2009 by Jesse Sheidlower in The F-Word, page 269:
- Most of the world couldn't give a XXXX about it, something that has long rankled with the marketing men .
- ^ 2009, Jesse Sheidlower, The F-Word, page 269
From X chromosome.
- IPA(key): /kwɔˈdrupəlˌɛks/, /ˌɛksɛksɛksˈɛks/, /fɔːɹˈɛks/
- Tetrasomy X, a rare chromosomal disorder affecting females, caused by the presence of four X chromosomes instead of two present in the usual human karyotype.
From X (“motion picture "adult" rating”).
- X-rated, pornographic